Another busy week!

It was lovely to welcome parents into our classroom this week for the Open Afternoon. I hope you enjoyed looking through all the wonderful work that your son’s have produced in a relatively short time frame! The boys really enjoyed having you in and being the teacher, explaining what they have learnt.

The boys have been working on addition in Maths and did some great column addition today. They really enjoyed the work and showed a good understanding of place value.

In DT the boys excitedly planned their ‘sandwich’ that we will be making next week in class. When they were told it was real and that they could eat them excitement levels were high! This links into our Science work about healthy eating and exercise.

We continued to compare seaside holidays past and present using photographs and postcards as our evidence and our study on what Blackpool had to offer makes it a great seaside town to visit. The   Posters they made covered all the fabulous things there are to see and do.

In English we have worked on writing our own version of the “Lighthouse Keeper’s Picnic Lunch.” The lunches written about sounded delicious.

Have a lovely weekend

11 thoughts on “Another busy week!

1. I am excited to make my own sandwich next week because I know how to make it on my own. I can’t wait!

2. I loved reading the book the Lighthouse keepers picnic. It was so funny because Sam got Mr Grinling’s favourite food back which was food that was not healthy.